Seeking an individual who is self-motivated, with good organizational and communication skills. He/she will be involved in developing and evaluating floating structures for offshore oil and gas field development. Successful candidates are expected to work with a group of naval architects or engineers to design floating platforms, including TLPs, semisubmersibles, Spars or FPSOs. He/she should be familiar with the design process of the floating systems related to hull stability, hydrostatic and hydrodynamic performance, station keeping and installation. He/she should possess broad knowledge of floating hull type structures, including its functions, risers, marine systems and topsides. The successful candidate should have strong communication skills to handle interface with the team members, discipline leads and the clients.
Job Responsibilities include, but not be limited to, the following.
* Assist discipline lead or engineering manager in establishing work scope and schedule for the project.
* Develop/review specifications and design basis documents.
* Perform and review work on hull sizing, stability, weight control, global performance, mooring design and per-service engineering.
* Write and review reports and drawings and ensure quality meets company and client requirements.
* Coordinate with other disciplines and answer inquiries from clients.
For more information about this specific role please contact our Glasgow Office
This the expired vacancy text for default site..